Maximum size of attachment in mail

Hi Friends,

My requirment is to Query the oracle database , generate the file change the extension to .csv and send to clients automatically everyday.

However i am able to perform the task. But sometimes when the file size is getting increased more than 1 MB then the mail is sending with blank attachment. (While called through CRON).

The same thing i have replicated manually but it sent  the 2 MB attachment without any issue.

Can anyone please suggest me what is the way to  check what is the maximum size of the attachment that  can be send  using send mail or where is the configuration file for the same.

Thanks In advance.
:confused:

zip it?

Your own MTA or some other mail server further down the chain may put limits on message size.

@DGPickett,

The size  is 2 MB after zipping.

@Corona688,
When i am manually running the shell that time its working fine but when getting called through CRON then its not able to send 2 mb attachment.
Both sender and receiver mail id are in the same domain.

Thanks

Please show your code.

The MTA locally is a daemon process, often 'sendmail -bd' (mnemonic: sendmail Becoime a Daemon), that accepts connections and stores or forwards mail. It generally has no intrinsic limit, but some mail servers and services do to stifle abuse. Configuring sendmail is one of the thicker o'reilly books. Generaly, the MTA is listening on port 25 or is fired by inet for that port.

IF you are internet exposed, you can make the content available on a obscure URL and send a link. Then there are stronger compressors: compress is weaker than zip and gzip, and the latter two are the same zlib family. bzip2 is stronger, and then there is RAR and 7zip and .... Even when sending a URL, serving compressed content is nicer.