Max. number of NFS mounts

Hi,

I was wondering, whether there is a limit regarding the max number of nfs mounts in
Oracle Solaris 10 (newest update).

The data center plans to migrate from a fibre channel based storage environment (hitachi) to a nfs based storage environment (netapp). Regarding the Solaris 10 database servers this means, according netapp's best practice documents , that the setup for each oracle database will include at least 4 nfs mounts (data, logfile, binaries,..) from the netapp storage system. As there is a database server (M4000) with 15 oracle databases, the Solaris 10/M4000 will have to handle at least 60 concurrent nfs mounts (as a "nfs client").

Has anyone any experiences with so many concurrent nfs mounts on a single Solaris Sparc system in terms off reliability and stability of the nfs mounts / storage connection ?

Thanks.

Steven

Hi

Personally I've never run so many connections but in theory the concurrent connection oriented number should be unlimited in a standard build of Solaris 10.

I'd check your /etc/default/nfs...might need a bit of tuning depending on your environment.

Sorry cant be of anymore help than that :wall:

1 Like