man pages in AIX

Hi all.

A friend of mine just recently gave me an old RISC 6000 machine to learn on for my AIX certification. I installed AIX 4.3.3 and everything seems to work fine, except there are no man pages. Is there a way to generate man pages on this machine?

Thanks alot in advance.

Install the package bos.rte.man.

copy it to a directory, cd to there, run "inutoc ." to generate the .toc-file, then run "smitty install_latest" and select "." as installation directory.

bakunin

Install the bos.rte.man package; from where????

I've just gone through all of the AIX CD's, and Bonus pack as well as the base and extended documentation CD's.

I can not find that package anywhere!

Could you please let me know where I should look to find this elusive beast?

Ta.

-Chris

If you have AIX installation CDs it should be on Disk 1, you can get it from IBMs software maintenance site too, just go to

http://www-912.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/search.jsp?system=2&release=4.3&lasttype=ptf&cartfixtype=ptf&modcart=N&searchfound=0&fixcount=&fixtype=ptf

type in "bos.rte.man" and download what comes up. Install that the way i have explained above.

bakunin

Hi,
I installed the package bos.rte.man, but I dont know where it find, for copy it to a directory and follow the instructions:

"copy it to a directory, cd to there, run "inutoc ." to generate the .toc-file, then run "smitty install_latest" and select "." as installation directory."

Thanks alot in advance.
BM.

This was meant as a shortcut-installation procedure. If you have it installed already you can forget that.

bakunin