mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all-

I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below-

Email body contents
--------------------
RequestType: Update
DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010

Note that header information [RequestType and DateAcctOpened should be in BOLD] and data content should be normal text..

Please advice on this...

Create an email using Outlook Express|Thunderbird|etc and send it to yourself.
Examine the received email on your unix mail box, before you have downloaded it to you POP account, Use this email as a template to create a script to send a similar email.
The bold|font|color stuff is all html code.

Sorry, I was not very clear on my requirement
I would like to achieve this functionality via unix malix command

Regards,
Suresh

---------- Post updated at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:57 AM ----------

I mean "mailx" command in Unix

Refer this thread

Thank you..this thread helped..!!!!

Just in case:

mail is (per some RFCs) intended to be plain-text. The fact that Outlook or similar crap-programs ignore this and send mail in HTML, .doc or whatever fancy format there is (and usually a f*cked-up version of that fancy format, not even a clear version of it), is just that: the violation of a set standard.

There is the MIME standard for such cases, when a mail has several parts attached to it in different formats, but the mail body itself - as per RFC 822 - is intentionally plain-text.

Instead of seeking ways to use tools outside their specification and bend standardized protocols to work in a non-standardized way better find ways to educate your users. If you want headers to display in bold find a way to make your mail program display this way instead of inserting obtrusive code-parts into a meant-to-be plain text document. Change your applications instead of tinkering with the interfaces and protocols in between.

bakunin