Hi,

telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 TechBun ESMTP Postfix

This command

echo "hi" | mail -v me@mycomp.com

does not send mail to my inbox and i get the below output.

Upon investigation i saw this log file tail -f /var/log/maillog logging warning msgs continuously & repeatedly.

Below are the entries of mysql-virtual_vacation.cf

[root@techbun ~]# vi /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_vacation.cf
user = postfix
password = xxxxxxxxx
dbname = postfix
table = vacation
select_field = email
where_field = email
additional_conditions = and active = '9'
result_format = %u#%d@autoreply.TechBun

Below are enormous entries in the mailq

uname -a
Linux mycomp 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 3 00:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have uploaded the echo "Subject: sendmail test" | sendmail -vvv me@mycomp.com debug output as it was too lengthy to copy paste here -->sendmail+verbose

Requesting suggestions please ?

Would like to grab attention to this issue /thread. I am not sure if this is against policy but its been months since i posted this.

Additional info:

# postconf -d | grep mail_version
mail_version = 2.10.1
milter_macro_v = $mail_name $mail_version

All i need is the email service [preferably sendmail] to work on the server so it can send out emails Thank you.

Bumping up posts is not allowed. But, you are adding a little bit of new information.

Unfortunately, nothing in either of your posts in this thread has anything to do with the title of this thread: The title is "Mailx not working on Linux", but there is absolutely no mention of mailx in either of your posts in this thread. The more confusion about what you are trying to do... the less likely you are to get meaningful (or any) response.

I frankly thought i did more than usual to post every information in regards to the problem but you can still direct to me provide any inputs / info help resolve the issue.

Problem being sendmail, mail & mailx nothing works. I chose to mention one of them in the Title but the core issue is that -> I am not able to send out any emails from the server.

I shared the command, the output, the error and configuration files so it may help find a clue to the problem.

Thank you for the inputs.