Mailx attachment using uuencode issue on Outlook2013

Hello all

I am on RHEL 6.4. I have been using my bash script which mails one .csv file after zipping (myfile.csv.zip)to my Lotus Notes ID. I use

uuencode

with

mailx 

to do this. Here is my command -

uuencode myfile.csv.zip myfile.csv.zip | mailx -s "Subject" mailid

. This all works very cool. Now my company is migrated to Outlook2013 from Lotus Notes. Now when the same mail is coming to outlook i do not get any attachment but in body of mail i get all encoded words beginning with

begin 640 path of the .csv file

and all junk chars. Why this is so?

After that I tried mailx with option -a to add attachment(myfile.csv.zip) and this seems coming as attachment in my outlook but when I open zip file it shows me the file with complete dir path which I do not want my users to see.

Could some one please help m if I am still use

uuencode 

if not can i use get rid of absolute path coming along with the file in mail.

Thanks
Krsnadasa

Its more how you used your zip tool you should look to find why you have PATH included... and htta you dont mention...

1 Like

If you can't get uuencode to work you can try Perl.

MIME::Lite

Thanks Vbe

Evenif I give relative path means I run the mailx dir where zip file is present still I get full dir path in zip file name in outlook attachment. What do you mean by htta. This was working fine with Lotus notes but not in outlook.

Hi gandolf989

I will use perl as my last option. I am still looking for something related to Bash. Is MIME is available in bash.

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:51 AM ----------

Hi Vbe

You were right. That is now resolved. I need to zip the file from current dir then this does not show me the full path.

Thanks

1 Like