Mail Software

Afternoon all.

We've got a SCO Openserver 5 box here that I want to configure a mail account on.
I've had a look in the MMDF config stuff but cant find anywhere I tell the machine what pop3/smtp server to use.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Is there a mail client/setup thats installed by deafult where I can get it to send/recieve via an account on our main mail server as it seems to want to handle the mail itself which is whats causing the problem I think as it'll send out internet addresses but not ones that are internal.

Really dont a clue what I'm doing and Google brought me here..

While mmdf is the default mail server on SCO 5, uninstalling it and installing sendmail will bring you into the mainstream of users.
Run custom, and drill down through the operating system until you find mmdf, remove it, then add sendmail, using the original base operating system cd.
Run "mkdev cf" and add your outbound server as the smart host.
Configure domain names and masquerading to suit.
If you need more information, include the output of "uname -X".

Cheers, think I'm gonna have to find the cd online though as it would appear the guys that installed the server many many moons ago didnt leave us any documentation or install media...

---------- Post updated at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:22 AM ----------

Right, MMDF uninstalled, Sendmail installed, however I cant see anything in the mkdev cf bit where I tell it what mail account details to use?

All I want to do is get the SCO box to pick up and send via a pop3/smtp acocunt on our existing mailbox...