LVM Partitioning Problem

Since I couldn't find a Fedora section, I post my thread here...

Hi all,

I installed Fedora 17 with Windows 7. For some reason I had to use LVM, since every time when I want to add more than one partition i.e. swap and /root it told me that the space was not sufficient, but still I had 300GB to utilize. I went with LVM and created a scheme that was similar to the Fedora Documentation, so I have 5GB for /root; 512MB for /boot; 230GB for /home; and 20GB for /var.

Two issues occurred from that:

1. Windows crashes now with a blue screen (Don't really care but in case somebody knows a solution)

2. More important, my root partition is almost full and now I am unable to install updates. I still have over 10GB free in the LVM, but I don't really know how to extend the partition. On the other hand, I don't understand why the Fedora Documentation recommends 5GB for the /root partition, since now I end up with unsufficient space for updates and so forth.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you for your time and effort.

-Daniel

Well unfortunately we need more information than you've provided so far in order to understand your current storage situation. Can you provide the output of the following commands for us?

# fdisk -l
  # lvs
  # vgs -o vg_all,devices
  # df -h