LPAR and AIX VIO Disk Mappring for Linux Clients

VIO Server is managing both AIX Clients and Linux Clients. For AIX Clients, we could do a disk mapping from slot numbers to VIO and also uname -L to determine the lparid and serial number frame its running on.

From a Linux Client,
How do I know which IBM frame its running on? Any command to get serial number?
How do I know which VIO disks the linux client disks are mapped to?
Are there any commands to list physical location(U9117.MMA.2329AFD-V20-C6-T1) of disks similar to lscfg in AIX so that slot numbers can determined?

Thanks

Dont U have HMC management console??

From the HMC, we know the disks that are mapped to linux LPAR client, but we could not determine which specific linux client disk(sdb) corresponds to which specific disk/slot from the list of disks shown in HMC. Is there any way to find this from HMC or from VIO Server?

Since I don't have a linux partition running on any VIO servers I can't check this suggestion.

Having said that - maybe you could do 'pvdisplay' and compare the PV UUID to what 'lspv' shows on your VIO server?

IBM provides a RPM file named "lsvpd" specifically for Linux on Power boxes. Included in this RPM file is the "lscfg" command. After you have it installed, you can run it to see the location information you were asking about:

hostname:/root:$ uname -a
Linux hostname 2.6.16.60-0.21-ppc64 #1 SMP Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux
hostname:/root:$ rpm -qa | grep lsvpd
lsvpd-1.6.5-1
hostname:/root:$ lscfg | grep sdb
+ sdb              U9117.570.100255F-V7-C15-T1-L1-L0
hostname:/root:$

This RPM, and many others, are referenced in the "IBM PowerVM Virtualization Manageing and Monitoring" Redbook on page 274 (Section 6.3 Dynamc LPAR operations on Linux for Power). It is a good read. This is the URL for the Redbook: IBM Redbooks | IBM PowerVM Virtualization Managing and Monitoring