Lost original AIX DVD

At company I joined it seems I cannot trace install DVD (5765-G99 - AIX Enterprise 7.1) but according invoice I found we are entitled for it.
It seems that support for account expired and I cannot download any software/updates except HMC ones :frowning:

• Anybody knows which exact version (TL, service pack) is wrapped under 5765-G99?
  • Is AIX wrapped as 5765-G99 snapshot of available AIX version depending on the time of purchase? (E.g. 5765-G99 delivered in oct 2010 would contain Aix 7.1 TL0 and 5765-G99 delivered in dec 2012 would contain Aix 7.1 TL2)
  • Is it OK if I borrow 5765-G99 DVD from client (if they have it) to create ISO?
  • Is it to ask for "media refresh" only option or since 5765-G99 was withdrawn from support on Sept 30, 2016 I can only buy item 5765-CD3 as an software upgrade (not "media refresh")?
  • According to article AIX 7.2 and October Power software announcements | The secret product manager. IBM changed products since October 2015. Are we entitled to 5765-CD3 since company's account support expired in Feb 2016?

Feedback appreciated!
Thanks.

In this case i suggest to try to talk to a sales representative. They usually have some leeway to keep customers happy so (i am not sure what the exact legal situation is in your case) they might be able help you with a new DVD.

In general i suggest to copy every DVD with OS- or related software to your NIM server as soon as you get hold of it. Media can be lost, broken, unreadable or whatever. As soon as you have it on your software repository you can create normal backups and make sure you survive any disaster.

In general AIX packages come in two forms: installable and update. All the base level sets are installable and you need to install one of these once. Any updates can then be applied whenever it becomes available. Basically you can download update packages to 7.1 TL1, TL2, ... freely but you need the installable packages from 7.1 TL0 to install them.

I hope this helps.

bakunin