lost home directory

The home directory for a very important user ie prdadm in my system is missing. the files were not deleted but seem to disapper after I had configured /etc/hosts.equiv file. Though I undid the changes later on nothing seems to be the same

. As a result I can't log in as the user prdadm. I get the error message below

root@PRD#su - prdadm
su: No directory!
root@PRD#

I just did a check on autofs config files in my server .directory /etc/auto_direct is missing. below is the output of /etc/auto_home & /etc/auto_master

root@PRD#

root@PRD#cat /etc/auto_home

[b]# Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
# ident "@(#)auto_home 1.6 03/04/28 SMI"
#
# Home directory map for automounter
#
+auto_home
root@PRD#
root@PRD#

root@PRD#cat /etc/auto_master

# Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
# ident "@(#)auto_master 1.8 03/04/28 SMI"
#
# Master map for automounter
#
+auto_master
/net -hosts -nosuid,nobrowse
/home auto_home -nobrowse
root@PRD#

the entry of the user in /etc/passwd
prdadm:x:105:101:SAP System Administrator:/home/prdadm:/bin/csh

Is there a way I can recover the home directory files for user prdadm ?

kindly assist

Are you using NIS/LDAP or similar name services ie. what do you have in /etc/nsswitch.conf ?

Also do you have any idea where the backing filesystem is for the home directories, and is it local or remote?

I'd also ask what the following command tells you?

df -k /home 

Thanks for your response guys

The response for df -k /home is below

however I realize when the home directories were visible command df -k /home would show it mounted on device /dev/md/dsk/d30 which has the root filesystem .

I believe the person who created the users picked /home as the home directory for the users he created

NIS/LDAP or similar name services are not in use

in /etc/nsswitch.conf
automount: files

I'm not sure where the backing filesystem for the home directories is local or remote but I have a backup of the root filesystem

The problem with my setup is that the directory /export/home is not there. Whoever did the Solaris instalation ommited that option.

I believe that is why the users created in the system have their home directories in /home