Looking for script to collect SAN usage

My management is looking for me to sweep my Unix servers and report on (1) how much SAN space has been allocated to each server and (2) how much is used (defined as having a file on those bits). Basically stuff one can get from "df", but they just want SAN totals (not local disks). NAS is exempt.

We have AIX (some LVM and some (yes) VxVM) and Solaris servers (some use SDS and some use VxVM). We have some LUNs under Oracle's ASM deal too.

Is there something out on Sourceforge or something that I'm not seeing that can already do this? I don't want to reinvent the wheel here if someone already has code for this. :slight_smile:

If I have to, I'll go it alone and script it myself. I was wondering if anyone perhaps might have a seed/template at least to start from. :confused:

Google and site searches haven't turned up anything for me.

Any insight is appreciated.

MJ

Just my opinion, but you allocate storage off of SAN... so the usage is when the storage is committed to a client. Now... it is possible that the SAN commitments don't make any sense... so you may have made 100G available to a client that is only using 2M... sure...

SAN storage is designed to show up as drives. So tracking them down across different OS variants could be difficult. Not impossible, but there are lots of variables.