logrotate isn't rotating files any longer

I have been using logrotate for quite awhile now. Most logs are rotated daily, using /etc/cron.daily. I noticed that the logs in question have not been rotated since April 6, but daily up to that point.

I have logrotate in /etc/cron.daily. The basic command is:

/usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf

In /etc/logrotate.conf, I specify to rotate daily and keep 31 log files.

In /etc/logrotate.d, I have the various configuration files for the services for which log files are generated (httpd, ezproxy, etc).

I restarted cron.d, which was already running.

I ran logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.conf and can see that it looks at the various configuration files and gives directions to rotate daily and keep 31.

Can anyone shed light on why I am not getting rotation of these logs?

I have discovered that cron.daily has not run since April 6. This explains why logrotate is not operating correctly. I have verified that crond is running, there are no scripts in cron.daily that have characters other than AZa-z0-9 and they are executable.

I assume that the system cron /etc/crontab runs automatically at the specified time, which is 4:20 am and it did until April 6.

I did restart crond and can test rotating some logs later, but I am wondering what may have happened to prevent cron.daily from running.