Login through SFTP using username and password

Hi All,

I want to login to a server through SFTP by giving username and password, in an automated script.
I know that this can be done through public key authentication, but my requirement is to login ONLY through username and password.

I am using GNU/Linux server.

Please advise me !!! Thanks much....

Was this requirement forced down your throat by crazed management? I've heard 'security' used as an excuse for the complete and total lack of it far too many times; storing passwords in plaintext form is a very bad idea. It's extremely hard to protect them.

If you absolutely have to, the 'expect' tool may help you, but it's a kludge.

use an expect script or setup a ssh keys.

Hi

Actually, i have a script which blocks an IP, which is trying to connect to a server making invalid login attempts.And these attempts are made n number of times in a single minute. This is causing in high CPU consumption and is causing problem to the valid users who are connecting to that server

To test this script, i want an other script which can make login attempts to a server continuosly and this should be through SFTP and that is the reason i need to give the password in the script.

Please please give me an idea to do this..

Thanks much !!!

It sounds like what you really need is firewall to block your problem SFTP connections. You said you're using Linux, look into the firewall that comes with it. (which I think is iptables - I don't use linux firewalls so I'm not 100% certain anymore).