Logging htaccess

hi i am trying to make a log of all users who access my website, i am using htaccess to administrate logins, how does htaccess store a session i.e where is the valid user login temporarily stored while a user is using the site or is there already some sort of logging being done by htaccess.

ideally i would like to store the username, time of login and what was accessed. in the log file

I just checked the only .htaccess I have with Apache and it already logs to the default access_log when accessing the directory/file that I have set up - puts in the information that you were looking for. You might have to just search through that log for the specific directory to show what was accessed.

This is already happening in your access_log! Look here:

12.23.45.43 - roy [21/Sep/2005:15:19:00 +0200] "GET ch13_01.htm HTTP/1.1" 200 11932 "http://foo.bar/index.htm" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

This shows user roy accessing a certain file and you can see his originating IP-address. Pretty much all you wanted, right?