Log files to view job executed in Autosys -- Help ASAP

Hi all,

I really need your help ASAP on this. Below is the description of my problem and a sketch of Autosys

Job Activity Console
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
File View Options
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Job Name Description Status Command Machine
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ABC
++++++++++Currently Selected Job +++ DEF +++++

Job ABC was at the top of the JAC, i selected job DEF from the alarm manager and wanted to forcestart job DEF. I even get the confirmation to forcestart job DEF ( Ready to send event: FORCE_START Job for DEF). But when I checked, job DEF was not started, instead job ABC was started. After i search for the job DEF and it appeared at the top of the JAC, and when i forcestart then it was started. So I have forcestarted the wrong job earlier.

I need proof to show that when starting job DEF, job ABC was executed. Is there any log files that I can check to show this? If so, what is the command to check it?

I am not an expert in Autosys so I hope that anyone out there who is expert please help. Thank you in advance.

Diana

you should first check the manual. otherwise, call up tech support. If you don't have tech support, you can do something like putting some print statements to print to a file in ABC. then when you start DEF, that file will contain something if ABC starts. Another way to see where the log file is is to go to the job properties and see where you defined the error log when something goes wrong....
calling tech support is the best way to go.