list of physical net interfaces

hi,

Can I listdown all available net interfaces on my system like SF4800 or Netra440.

I know there are 4 port physically present but I can't see or list them using either

sysdef -v
prtconf -vp
prtdiag -v
dladm
kstat

may be I'm missing switched on these or may some other command comes to my help.

grep -i net /etc/path_to_inst

# grep -i net /etc/path_to_inst
"/pci@1c,600000/network@2" 0 "ce"
"/pci@1f,700000/network@1" 1 "ce"

and this system has 4 physical ports on system....while this command is showing only 2 which are configured.

Regards,

dladm show-dev shows nothing?

Just to confirm, were cards newly added to the system or was it there for a long time since?

# dladm show-dev
ce0 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
ce1 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
#

it shows only configured interfaces

---------- Post updated at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:30 AM ----------

Hi incredible,

This is a Netra440 and I know that there are four ports available. OP states how can we identify in a system how many network instances are available.

Regards,

the "dladm show-dev" command should show all interfaces (configured or not) in a machine. so the above output should be true! doublecheck that you are testing on the right machine (use the locator light if you are unsure).
if there are more interfaces and dladm can not find them, the driver should be missing. you can try to run "devfsadm" or "reboot -- -r" to add the missing interfaces.

You can check all the Network interfaces using ifconfig -a Command.

---------- Post updated at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:20 PM ----------

ifconfig -a

"ifconfig -a" will only show configured interfaces.

but a "ifconfig -a plumb" will plumb all interfaces and AFTER this the "ifconfig -a" command will show all interfaces.