List items not arranged as expected on web page

greetings,

i have a list of items that are picks to be arranged within a row that is 22 in height. this "plugin" looks fine in the old installation but after installing a new version of the web app and dropping this "plugin" in place the layout isn't as i expect. they are arranged vertically rather than horizontally. there were many other issues but i've managed to figure them out one by one. mostly by changing lines and reloading the page to see what happens. but this one has me stumped. a portion of the code is as follows:

<td align="left" valign="top" style="background-color:#DAECFF;">
     <table width="100%">
       <tr height="22" style="background-color:#DAECFF;" bgcolor="#DAECFF">
         <div class="menu">
           <ul id="nav">
             <li id="home"><a href="{$agent}.xml">Home</a></li>
             <li id="mydata"><a href="{$agent}.xml?_uri=//com.enginframe.system/list.spoolers">My data</a></li>
             <li id="myjobs"><a href="{$agent}.xml?_uri=//com.enginframe.{$grid}/job.list">My jobs</a></li>
             <li id="alljobs"><a href="{$agent}.xml?_uri=//com.enginframe.lsf/job.list.all">All jobs</a></li>
             <li id="queues"><a href="?_uri=//com.enginframe.bqueues/show_queue_all">Queues</a></li>
             <li id="clusterstat"><a href="{$agent}.xml?_uri=//com.enginframe.{$grid}/host.load">Cluster Stat</a></li>
             <li id="licenses"><a href="{$agent}.xml?_uri=//com.enginframe.lmstat/flexlm">Licenses</a></li>
             <li id="logout"><a href="{$agent}.xml?_uri=//com.enginframe.system/logout">Logout</a></li>
           </ul>
         </div>
       </tr>
     </table>
</td>

being a rookie at best in the html world i've attached a tar file of what i think is relevant for someone to take a look and possibly provide some guidance. we have support for this sftwr but the six hour time difference means i get one question answered that usually spawns more questions because they answer as if i should know how to write html code. this sftwr is built on tomcat 6.0 if that matters. if more info is necessary just let me know. thanks in advance.

i just found my issue, the css file was in the wrong directory. thanks to all those that might have looked and given this issue some thought.

1 Like