List all resources on physical host LDOM server

Hello,

I have a SUN T5240 running Solaris 10 with Logical Domain Manager (v 1.0.3). You can use the "ldm" command to display current resources on the box. Is there away to display all the "physical resources" on the box(i.e.,used and unused). For example, "ldm ls" will tell me what the primary and guest domains are currently using in terms of cpu and memory . It won't tell me the total number of cpus or total memory on the physical. If the physical box has 64 GB memory and 8 CPU's, I would never know that via the "ldm ls" command. Thanks for any tips.

Steve

why not you connect to the system serial (using the SC>), from there type "showenvironment".

Hello Incredible,

Thanks for the reply. Two reasons. First I am running a script on all servers and and going through the SC or ILO port would not work for me. Second, there is no command like "showenvironment or show environment" that I am aware of.

Steve

showenvironment does not work on the OS level. It works from the system controller/ALOM level.
Will prtdiag -v be an alternative option for you?

Just came across this. For completeness, the way to display all physical devices is, from the control domain:

ldm ls-devices -a

Thanks. I will try when I get back from vacation.