List all certificates on a server

Dear All,

I am planning to find the list of certificates(WEBshpere/MQ) on a servers.

My certificates are either stored in (.jks) / (.pem) / (.cer) . But some of the certificates are stored without these file formats. I tried using find command but unless I give the file name its difficult for me to find.

I have been told to use "file" command but file command is not telling me whether it's a certificate file or not.

I am not a root user.

If Is there any way, I can find the list of certificates by their Certificate Names (CN) ? I can see openssl to get it but I need to find the list of certificate files first. Is there any way or options?

I am not asking to provide any scripts but if I will get an idea to find then I will be able to write a script.

any kind of help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Regards
Sid

The directory tree /etc/ssl has most openssl certificates. Except for a few cases.

For us to help please:
give us your UNIX OS

Thanks Jim for your response.

I am using both Sun Solaris(5.10) and GNU Linux.

There are system certificates which are available in (/etc/pki/tls) but I need to find the certificates o websphere locations as well. If I will provide the absolute path of the websphere location, then I can find the file but its hard for me how to identifiy the certificate files alone.

If there is a way only to find the certificate files then could you please kindly let me know?

It may be with the extensions(.crt/.cer/.pem/.jks) and some of the files without extensions as well.

Thanks again

Regards
Sid

Try to query via ssl:

openssl s_client -showcerts -connect yourhost:yourport  < /dev/null

Give your hostname and port number.

Thanks for your answer but I am not asking to connect to different hosts and find the certificates... I am just trying to list all certificates on a single server including (websphere/MQ).

---------- Post updated 01-26-16 at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous update was 01-25-16 at 04:36 PM ----------

Hi Jim, If you have any suggestions or any idea's then please let me know. Thanks

There is no "standard" for key stores because applications tend to put these all over the place (especially Java apps). You can use a tool like "find" to locate all files with various extensions. How those files are used and by what can be difficult to automate.

There is no standard command to list certificates on a platform.