Linux Operating system concepts

hi guys,
i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as dis product is wrriten in c++ am workin in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn abt Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming concepts.... so could u suggest some e-book r link wer i can learn all abt Operating System frm scratch to advanced Operating concept.. dat means i shuld hav through knowledge in OS ,how it executin, wat r d various OS implementation methods and am shuld be good enough to write my own OS code. den i also want to know abt kernel and shell scripting and i lik linux very much so wer can i get source code for linux and full explanation for Linux Source code. for dis, guys pls guide me frm wer shuld i start and how to go abt these things ....so guys pls help me....thanks in advance. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: am eagerly waiting for ur supports :slight_smile:

P.s:By the way am week in english and if u cant understand wat am trying to say pls forgive me and sorry for trouble..

Weakness in the English language is not an excuse to use cyberpunk or abbreviated chat style, which makes it hard to read. Please correct your post..

sorry for using chat style post...below is the corrected post....
i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as this product is wrriten in c++ am working in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn about Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming concepts.... so could u suggest some e-book or link where i can learn all about Operating System from scratch to advanced Operating system concept.. I mean i should get through knowledge in OS ,how it executing, what are the various OS implementation methods and i should be good enough to write my own OS code. then i also want to know about kernel and shell scripting and i like linux very much. so where can i get source code for linux and full explanation for Linux Source code. for that i want ur help, please guide me from where should i start and how to go about these things ....so guys please help me....thanks in advance. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: am eagerly waiting for ur supports :slight_smile:

Practice and graded self study.

Install a linux at home or among friends and

1. learn basic commands. I used to have a starter list - ls, mv, cp, cd, mkdir, vi, who, ps, sed, grep, concept of PATH
  2. Next learn scripting (awk, and shell scripting),
  3. Then how to compile a c/c++ programme and download a tarball.

Having done this for about an year or two, you can begin to read up books on "Design of the Unix operating system".

OK