Linux NIS sever not binding with Solaris client

I am installing a NIS master server with a linux SLES 10 SP1. And it was pretty straight forward. (Simple since it GUI ) The server can bind to itself when issue with ypwhich command.
But on solaris 10 box, I set up the defaultdomain (/etc/defaultdomain) and also issue ypinit -c to startup the setup process in which the master server name was entered.
I copied the nsswitch.nis to nsswitch.conf and start the NIS client service with SMF.
The problem is that the solaris 10 box is not binding with the NIS server when issue the command ypbind -m as it give error message:
ypbind[21989]: NIS server not responding for domain "playground.net"; still trying.

When I issue the command ypset (servername) it also return an error message:
Sorry, I can't set up a connection to host nis-linux.playground.net.

I can confirm that the spelling of the domain name are correct on both server.

Any useful help will be highly appreciated.

Look at your /var/yp/securenets file and make sure that the client can connect. If unsure, you can make it wide open with:

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

instead of hostname nis-linux.playground.net, try putting IP address. Is this name resolve's from your host? i mean client box?

$nilesh

Thanks to you all. I think the problem has to do with the firewall. because i selected the firewall button when i reconfigure the server NIS and it went tro this time around.