linux connected to as400

we have a as400 5rev4 and want to use a rhel server to use as a file server. We exported a drive on the rhel box and then mounted it on the as400. We can see the top directory in our mounted as400 directory but when we attempt access subdirectories we get a no matching object error.
When we open the file system in Iseries Navigator and click on the same directories we get no file permissions warning.
we have an adaptec appliance that runs linux and we have no problems accessing directories with the same type of mount on the as400. All permissions are the same on all linux boxes and on the as400.
Both the adaptec dir and the rhel dir are viewable and useable to a third linux box.
Anyone got an idea of what to look for or do to make the second mount work.

hi javagair,
i have to solve your same problem.
but, i'm new about unix and as400, i don't know how to mount a folder as400 into my unix.
can you help me?

i have a folder as400 exported like \\10.0.0.1\\qdsl\\NRGINE and i have to mount in to unix.

thk

David

Just a personal preference, it worked for me ( I did this a couple years ago, for a one-day consulting job, I barley remember the details)

I used this page as a 'how-to' guide.

AS/400 and LINUX Integration

Good luck