Linux and Leaf Drivers?

Hi there,

I thought a lot, wheather or not this thread belongs to this forum, hope I made the right choice.

So my question: Is there such thing like leaf driver in Linux, in correspondance to the Solaris nexus/leaf device driver tree?
I'm asking that in the context of writing a device driver for a custom hardware, which resides on a VME bus. I have a VME device driver for the 2.6.15 kernel working, and a device driver that was written for Solaris and I cannot understand wheather I should first write a leaf driver for the VME in order to communicate with my custom board under Linux.

Thanks for the attention. :slight_smile:

Can someone please at least let me know wheather there is some connection between module stacking in Linux and the nexus/leaf driver scheme in Solaris? :confused:

Nothing is really mentioned while googling for linux leaf drivers. Given that "leaf driver" in Solaris context means :

I guess they should have something in common, but I'm not totally sure.
The following diagram also makes me think that they have some common patterns - Nexus and Leaf drivers information tree. Since noone can give expert opinion, so far, I'd suggest that you ask a specific mail list, for example, the distribution that you're aiming at, and its developers' mailing list.

First of all, thank you for responding @sysgate :slight_smile:

I found out that "device (driver) model tree" in Linux context is the synonym collocation for "nexus and leaf drivers" in the context of Solaris.
There is also a correspondance of the /devices folder under Solaris and the sysfs under Linux, for describing the structure of the buses and devices present in the system.

I post this only as a closing statement, in the hope that it will be useful for someone who asks himself similar questions as I did. :slight_smile:

P.S. Correct me if I'm defective on the above statements.