Linking of Maintenance Pack 4 Fails

Ah yes, a link_unix failure. I don't have MP5 but I do have MP4, from which I previously extracted the updated graphics drivers. Today I decided I might as well install the whole service pack, in preparation for switching to a new motherboard, host adapter, etc.

I got the following message after the attempted linking:

i386 ld fatal: symbol referencing errors
undefined symbols:
bs_doarg
newproc1
getblkh
bwirem_bio
which are all in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Hw/etc/conf/pack.d/drt/Driver.o

Driver.o cannot be read from a text editor. I've checked the usual configuration files, and they seem to be OK. So: has anyone encountered this specific problem and has the solution?

---------- Post updated at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:05 PM ----------

Apparently the problem is with Pacific Code Works' Tuneup. However, I'm very reluctant to remove that product, as I enjoy playing with the parameters. Aside from doing that, what else can be done?

---------- Post updated 10-30-11 at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous update was 10-29-11 at 07:43 PM ----------

OK, I used a spare SCSI drive (as a test), restored UNIX to it from a backup, and then removed Tuneup. I then installed Maintenance Pack 4--this time it linked with no issues. I suppose now I will have to live without Tuneup!

You can always try installing Tuneup after mp4, or seeing if there is a newer version. I presume you are talking about 5.0.7 since there is not an MP5 for 6.0.0