Libvirt does not work correctly anymore on my gentoo

Hi,

Since a year my libvirtd does not work anymore on my Gentoodesktop. In the meantime a used virtualbox. But I would like to have back libvirt. The problem was after libvirt should not only work with root privileges. I deinstalled all things with libvirt an kvm. I removed all things from /var and /etc manually. But all this has not helped. How the problem to appear?

I can start "kvm only" as every user. This works. So ok there is no technical problem with the virtualization. I can also start the libvirt daemon in the init. I can open virt-manager and connect to the hypervisor. I can start a virtual machine to create, but i can't and this process. When i click to finish the creationwizard, it creates an second libvirtd process. And it hangs.

ps aux | grep libvirt
root     22754  1.4  0.0 897848 10224 ?        Sl   17:25   0:07 /usr/sbin/libvirtd -d
root     23969  0.0  0.0 897860  5892 ?        S    17:33   0:00 /usr/sbin/libvirtd -d

So, ok i can kill the process. But this does not help. I don't know what i can to. To reinstall this hole system is not really the way.

libvirt 1.0.3-r2
qemu 1.2.2-r3

Thanks for every hint.

Regards
darktux

Tried 1.05rc1? Index of /sources

I've tested this version. Same result.

Maybe you can get better help from the libvirt guys: libvirt: Bug reporting

Even if it does not like the current system, it should not hang. I wonder if you can strace it to see what it is calling. I am not sure it is as fine grained as Solaris "truss -u'*' ". Also, can you turn on debugging so that it logs progress before the hang?

I've changed from openrc to systemd and libvirt works fine. Crazy...