learn Aix system for beginner

hey guys, i am a beginner and would like to learn aix system administrator. I dont know where can i get this software to download or to buy. I wants to be certified on this system but dont know where to go from here and learn them...I am from dallas,tx but there is no school here that i can go and get train. I would love to be train on if i ever know anyone live close to me and make friend. I have work in the Data Center before and use little of AIX platforms but not exposed to all just simple command for checking for file and paging space. I would like to know if your guys out there they can help me by how u guy get started on AIX and where can i get a book that have cdrom that i can download and learn this stuff....last week i have agency call for Aix support jobs but i did not know that much on aix to support it. Help a beginner that really wants to learn thanks

This is a good place to start.

Depends how much of a beginner you think you are.

If you know UNIX then AIX is merely another flavour, use the man pages to check the options for familiar and unfamiliar commands. Build up a picture of the differences between different platforms, eg filesystems, configuration, tools and daemons.

If you are a UNIX newbie, get a solid general grounding in UNIX/Posix systems and don't concentrate too much on one particular system. Get 'bash' for whatever system you are using to give you a standard familiar interface.