LCD codes on a P570

Anyone out there know what the LCD code 0569 means. I have a list of codes but 569 is not on it.

0569 means configuring Fibre Channel adapters. I have a configuration with a set of VPATHS shared between two machines. I am using rpower to re-boot the failover with the reservations still set on the primary. The is causing a reservation conflict on the FC and therefore the vpaths. This is why the LCD display stays for a long time on 0569 and the system dump fails.

569 FCS SCSI Protocol device is being configured.
is your dump device on an FC attached disk? or is thet where it tries to copy the dump when it reboots?
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r3s/index.jsp?topic=/ipha6/kickoff.htm
for the interesting stuff on infocentre, expand the service provider section and then pick: ref codes, service request numbers or progress codes to see what the op panel is trying to tell you.

Thanks for the link, very useful.

Further to you points no the dump device is definately on rootvg which is internal disks. This is why I cannot understand the error.

hmm, I understand the long FC config / LED 569 because of the reservation but the dump is a worry.
have you got STO enabled and always allow dump set to true? that would cause the service processor to dump the box because of the long config wait.