Launch remote gui apps in remote hosts

Hi,

I've been looking for a way to execute a console program (is in windows but by now I accept the linux way) from a linux machine, but this program has to be opened in the remote side. Linux machine acts only as a "signaling" host. My program has to open the camera in the remote side, but only the process is opened by now, I can not see the windows console nor the video window. If it can be done in linux I'll try software like Cygwin in windows side. But by now I've been unable to find something it can help me.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Juan

cygwin is not linux. It's not a windows-override. It cannot do things Windows cannot do.

Please tell us exactly what you've been doing how.

Hi,

Exactly what I want to do is run aplication in remote users, for example if I have an app that open a picture or launch firefox, this should be launch in the remote screen. Not in mine. If I want to automate my program this has to be opened in the remote machines, and not only the process. If I connect through ssh and I launch a my app, I only see the process not the program window.

Yes its true forget Cygwin by now.

Thanks,

Juan

Please tell us exactly what you've been doing how.

Hi Corona688,

Sorry, its true from linux to linux works pretty well, I've managed to open firefox in the remote side (with a big delay although :)).
Now my next step is make the same from linux to windows, I thought with cygwin I could do that, but that maybe is another question...

Sorry for my ignorance,

Juan

Oh, I see. You could run an X server on the Windows machines for the remote process to connect to. cygwin does indeed have an X server. There's also many commercial solutions.

Yes, that is,

Do you happen to know any freeware software for that?

Thanks a million,

Juan

cygwin has a free X server.