Launch a text program inside a konsole at startup

Hi ULFers,

I am trying to setup a (very) simple startup script on a centos 6.4 computer and it kind of failed.... Here are the details :

As said just above the computer setup is running a CentOS 6.4 x64, on this computer a vncserver is automatically started (by a chkconfig vncserver on), i use this vncserver to remotely access the computer and to run ktorrent too.
This setup worked very well for the last 3 years (upon different Fedora based distros).

I have to use rtorrent for some private tracker, i then would like to make it (rtorrent) startup automaticallyjust like ktorrent.

I wrote a little piece of script to achieve what i thought to be a simple and quick task, BUT, it doesn't work.

I created a new user (called rtorrent_user) to run rtorrent app, i also setup a sudo to allow the vncserver user to run rtorrent app as rtorrent_user.

When i launch the script from a konsole everything works, but when i setup the script for an automatic startup (symlinking manually or using the CentOS GUI) the script ran but no konsole+rtorrent appears...

If you have an idea ???

Here is the script :

#!/bin/bash

# Start rtorrent automatically when vncserver start for user "pier"
# add rtorrent to the X server "access control list" :
wall "launched"
xhost + SI:localuser:rtorrent
# Now start rtorrent from inside a "konsole" (the following requires a correct sudoers file) :
konsole -e sudo -u rtorrent konsole -e rtorrent

The wall command allow me to ensure the script was really launched at startp, and it did but nothing happened after....

I finally simplified everything by using only one user, and adding a startup csipr to run :

konsole --workdir /path/to/dir -e rtorrent

Thanks anyway