large file options is set

Can someone tell me the right or exact syntax to check if the large file options is set on a filesystem

Thanks!

As of HP-UX 11i, nolargefiles is the default. When a filesystem is created, with either mkfs or newfs, a "-o largefiles" can enable the largefile capability. Or "-o nolargefiles" can be used to explicit request a limited filesystem.

After a filesystem has been created, fsadm can be used with "-o largefiles" to convert it to a largefile filesystem. In some cases, you can switch back with a "fsadm -o nolargefiles".

If you care which you have, you can use the options largefiles or nolargefiles when you mount the filesystem. This will not convert a filesystem, but the mount will fail if the filesystem does not match the flag used on mount.

If a filesystem is mounted on, say, /mountpoint, and you wonder what size files it supports, anyone (even non-root users) can do "getconf FILESIZEBITS /mountpoint". This will return 32 for "nolargefiles" filesystems and a larger integer for "largefiles" filesystems. (I am getting 42...so do not expect 64.)

All of this defines what the filesystem can handle. If your program is a 32 bit program, it may not be able to process large files. (But with special techniques, 32 bit programs can process largefiles.)

Thanks again Perderabo for your responce. getconf is something I didn't know...I was thinking on lsf earlier...