Know of someone in the Phoenix AZ area who has a working QIC tape drive?

Hi folks,

I searched, but didn't find a good spot to post this, so hope it does not offend.

I have a TEAC FT3020 tape drive that has died, but I have some data on a QIC3020 tape that I would like to transfer to a flash drive or burn to a CD. I called Data Doctors, but they wanted $150 just to check whether the tape was recoverable or not, with additional charges to transfer the data. If my tape drive weren't dead, I could tell you in a few seconds whether the tape was any good by popping it into the drive and seeing if it would read. If someone had made this request to me before my drive died, and was willing to bring the tape over along with a flash drive (as I am), I'd have transferred his data for free. I realize Data Doctors has to make a profit, but come on...how about $10 to do the transfer? That would be high, but I'd pay it. $150 without even transferring the data for me? I don't think so.

Anyone still have a working QIC tape drive who's willing to help me out?

Thanks!

Bruce

I promise to remove this message as soon as I've been able to copy my data, so if you see this, I'm still in need. Thank you!