knoppix

Hi,
I want to learn linux but I don't want to install on my hard drive. I came to know about knoppix that could give me the answer. But If I download the same (approx 700 MB) from free download site and copy it to CD, Will it work ? please help.

it will work!

but you will not learn linux, you needbasic for now, you will be confused because most of the software are for forensic/hack tools which is for expert.

i suggest get a free vmware player and ask someone who have development or workstation to create the profile/virtual for you on either suse or linux. on vmware player you can't create a guest vmware, only play or run it. then start from a linux idiot book. or use the linux site to learn basic to advance linux, Linux Online - Free Online Books

it's up to you if you want to be administrator or just a desktop linux user...

itik

Thanks itik, what If I purchase a new hard disk apart from windows hard disk and install linux over it ? I have bought linux book for beginer and also have been surfing net for it. Anyways thanks for ur useful tips. Also is there any documentation available for installing linux..?