Kernel version required for installing KVM

Hi friends,

I have a created a RHEL 6.4 for installing KVM in Virtual box. My machine is a 64 bit, but virtual box was not allowing to install x86_64 version RHEL. So I had to install 32 bit i686 version of RHEL. The kernel came with the CD was 2.6.32-358.el6.i686. But KVM doesnt support 'el' kernels( Also I heard Redhat is not supporting Virtual box. Is that true?). So I am in search for a right version of kernel for KVM. Can you give me the versions which worked for you. I tried installing the below versions

kernel-2.6.38.6-26.rc1.fc15.1686.rpm -- failed with dependency linux-firmware
kernel-smp-2.6.9-34.EL.i686.rpm -- failed with some 4 packages. This was the latest package I got from Redhat.
vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab078.26.i686.rpm -- failed with dependency kernel-firmware

Appreciate replies with some download links of kernel

Let me know if you want to know more about system.

Thanks
Shyam

First issue you need to resolve is why you 64-bit machine is not allowing you to install a 64-bit guest. Have you enabled all virtualization extensions in your BIOS?

Second Issue is that you seen to be trying to use a Fedora 15 kernel - not a RHEL kernel. Why is this? Are you also using the corresponding initramfs?

Hi,

THanks for reply.

I didnt change the virtualisation settings in BIOS yet.
I tried using fedora kernel (non el) because the 'el' kernel which came default with RHEL not compatible with KVM like mentioned in my question.

Thanks