keep track of every user

dear all ,

I m new to shell programming and I need your help.

Actually i want to keep track of all the commands executed in a bash prompt of users ,
very much in same manner as it is displayed when we run "history" command.

now the users are smart enough as they delete their history by "history -c".

I have read about auditing in linux but logs are very confusing and not very much in detailed for what was the argument that was passed with the command .

Can anyone give me an idea of how to get the complete command history or how could i disable "history -c" so that i can keep track of the records of the users.

my motive is to get the command exactly in same manner as it was executed

E.g: -- Someone typed "rm -rf Impfile.txt"

Then i need exactly the same syntax ----> "rm -rf Impfile.txt" to keep the track record .

I have searched several forums all say that it is not possible to stop users from deleting their history .
I have googled a lot for this but didn't find any satisfactory answer.

I know there must be some solution to this that is why I am posting in this forum as many linux experts are on this forum.

Thanx in Advance

:confused:

You could look into rootsh

thanx for the reply

Could you please explain in little detail.

From the link:
SourceForge.net: rootsh

This may not suit your requirement, but it's out there, and you can look at it...

Will it work for those users who don't need a shell with root privileges. I mean only the normal user.
As my motive is to keep track of the normal users activity.

I have not tried to implement it for any user aside from those requiring root permissions.

From the description, it seems that it could be modified for any user:

I m sorry to say but that doen't help me much.

I have read for rootsh it is designed for the root shell recording. but my motive is to keep track of ordinary users!!!!!!!!!

Please help