Jumpstart Solaris 10 x86

I need a little help figuring out why my custom jumpstart network installation is dumping me to a manual install.

I am trying to install Solaris 10 (unattended) over the wire from my jumpstart server to an HP Proliant DL380 server but I'm having difficulties with the unattended part.

So, what I have now is a working DHCP/Boot/Jumpstart Install Server that is allowing my HP server to PXE boot without issue. On PXE my grub menu comes up and has the appropriate information in the menu to install Solaris 10. The install starts with:

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Configuring Devices
Custom Jumpstart
mount: mount point cdrom/boot does not exist

...then drops to a menu asking me to select a language, then from there it's just a normal guided install.

My issue is, why is the custom jumpstart install looking for the install media on the cdrom and not on the server where I have copied it using the "setup_install_server" script off the install DVD?

This is what my setup looks like:

All help is appreciated, thanks!

Don't have much experience jumpstarting x86, but in SPARC, if this is Solaris 10 8/07, you need to add the following line to your sysidcfg file:

nfs4_domain=dynamic

I found the problem in the menu.lst file.

To correct, I changed the following:

install_media=192.168.17.251:/export/home/jumpstart/install/solaris_10_2006_11/Solaris_10/

to:

install_media=192.168.17.251:/export/home/jumpstart/install/solaris_10_2006_11/

Issue resolved. :slight_smile: