Jumpstart from linux problem

Hi,

I am using RH-AS as my jumpstart server for installing solaris 8 on a sun machine.
the finish script phase starts ok but some where in the middle it fails - i tried it servel times and each time it fails in a differnt place. I get "not found" message for all kind of basic command like awk, diff etc.

I think that for some reson the client disconnect from the server, but when i return to command line (#) after the failur and check it, the connection seems ok. I also tried pinging the the client from the server for all the installation process and there where no failur there.

can any one help?

Dori

I seem to recall that the linux -> Solaris NFS has problems during jumpstart, I'll have look and see if I still have any information about it, but while waiting I suggest you google, there are some good references about this out there.

By the way I also think I remember something about needing to reverse the byte endian mode for NFS on the Linux side to get it to work reliably, but that could just be a confusion on my part.

Thanks for the reply.

I must say that i already tried google, with nothing much, but im not sure if tried using the "nfs" in the search string. i will try it again.

if have somthing new i will be happy to hear.

Thanks again.

Dori

I used the rpc -p localhost and it shows that nfs is working with tcp.

any other ideas? please?

I found out that the PATH variable is change and thats why the jumpstart fails with "not found" for basic commands.
i added the PATH="..." and export PATH
in the begging of my jumpstart Driver script.
but again it keeps changing somewhere in the middle.

i searched in all the finish scripts if there is a change for the PATH and came out with nothing.

I also know the my jumpstart configuration work perfect when i use solaris jumpstart server.

so - does anyone know about issues with PATH variable when using a linux server???

Dori