JS20 LPAR setup

Can anyone help with LPAR setup on JS20 .i need to make 3 LPAR on JS20 .what specification do i need like software.

Can any one highlight the step by stpe guide line for setup/install of LPAR on JS20
Regards
Mazil

A JS20 is a blade center not a P series machine so cannot have lpars set up on it. Unless you know better!

thanks for the reply....

Can you let me know, There should be one way or the other to setup LPAR on JS20...

I did some research and found out that LPAR is possible on JS20 with VIOS +IVM...

But wanna make sure that this is right and what are the prerequities before installing VIOS+IVM like APV(advance POWE virtualization) enabling feature...etc

Thanks

Mazil

I am not sure how this would be done but I imagine the JS20 can be connected to an HMC and CSM installed on the blade. I have never done this and would ask whether it would be worthwhile! As far as connecting through a VIO server this would be answered by connection through the HMC to which the pair of VIO servers are connected. Virtualisation of things like external disc would be possible.

Try this link but be warned I had a quick scan of it and it seemed relevant

"I did some research and found out that LPAR is possible on JS20 with VIOS +IVM..."

Where did you find this information?

I do not believe the JS20 supports LPAR or IVM, only the JS21 supports this.