Job Run Slower using Autosys than running through terminal

Hi All,

We run Many jobs evryday using Autosys. Sometimes due to various reason we got to run the job from terminal as well (using nohup).
We observed that the job running through terminal(nohup) takes much less time then the autosys (for same job).

What can be the possible reason for such difference in run time?
As far as i know. Autosys submits the job to the machine(remote client) at triggering time and responds with its status whenever we query for the job.

I'm not able to find the any such difference between both run which can cause this much difference in run time.

Please help

I may be in over my head. Maybe I should not be the one trying to answer this.

Let me understand you. By autosys do you me the graphical user interface? AKA the Autosyst master scheduler?

last I can remember, Tidal had job definitions in the master scheduler. If you click on one of those jobs, you could eventually click away until you located the field that showed exactly what the job was doing. Our Tidal and autosyst servers ran parallel. With the intentions of phasing out Tidal. Like Tidal, Autosyst jobs must be defined as well.

1. Try comparing the the job definitions of the gui with the job definitions of those on the local unix server. Can you paste the two job definitions?

2. Also, is the job scheduled to run during high peek times? To be sure run a prstat -a for Solaris, or a top for Linux at the time the job is scheduled to run. Check to see is there is a high workload on the box at that time.