Job Interview

Hi, I'm new to the forums!

I'm currently in the process of changing careers back into IT after a 2 year hiatus. I had an interview at a big company for a Linux Systems Administrator role and have been called back for a second interview in which they are going to grill me with Linux questions.

Any Linux gurus here that can take a guess at what kind of questions I can expect?

Last time I sat through one of these I clearly had applied for a position that was more senior as oppose to junior, but I expect the questions to be along the same lines, I just cannot remember what they asked. Some questions I do remember were related to file systems and where one would find a particular file.

I have used Linux in the past but being out of the game there is just too much to remember off the top of my head and I'm nervous. Please help! :slight_smile:

The best place to discuss these abstract and non-technical career related questions is in our LinkedIn group for forum users, currently boasting over 30,716 members.

We created that LinkedIn group specifically for people to discuss career related questions, speak with headhunters, headhunters to post job listings, ask about business opportunities, and similar career (non-technical) related topics.

In addition, we also have rules and guidelines over at our LinkedIn group that all technical questions be posted here in the forums (because we have better search capabilities, code tags, and a better environment for technical Q&A), so this forum is for technical questions -- Q&A -- and our LinkedIn group is for career and job hunting Q&A.

6 Likes