Java with Unix

Hello Everyone,

I had a question which i would like to put over here.
I am on the track understanding and learning about Solaris
I have been learning for the past 3 months and at this stage i have realized to really master Unix, we can`t keep a blind eye to programming language.

I wish to learn a programming language to aid my learning.
However, this thread is not in regards to "which" PL fits best with Solaris.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me to know how much it would help if i learn Java in terms to use it with administering work in Solaris 10

I chose Java because I have some basic knowledge about it,and so i assume learning it would not be very slow

I believe C would be the best, but somehow I never have dealt with ever,besides i would have to start it from basic (i know nothing about it)
which would arrest my pace of learning in the Solaris domain.

So friends please share with me, how far would it help me if i chose Java over C in terms to looking for a career in Unix Administration.

Thanks for the patient reading

Regards
Akash

Probably the best languages to administer any UNIX would be script languages: ksh/bash, Perl, awk, sed, Python. High Level languages like C are nice for anything interacting with the hardware (if there isn't already a tool for it). Java, on the other hand, is, in my opinion, too far removed from the OS to be useful for system administration.