Issue with unrecognized zip format

Hi Friend,

i have tried to generated zip file and received with attached mail by. But attachment file is unrecognized format not zip file by crontab, which is not able open.

but there is no issue when the script is ran manually but i have received zip format.

i am appriciate for your valueable input through forum.

Thanks,
Jewel

If your job/script works outside of a crontab but fails for whatever reason when run from crontab, it typically means that some component of your regular environment is missing or incorrect. The most common is probably an incorrect PATH.

i have put all the corrct path. Please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Jewel

Where did you set your PATH? Please provide samples/examples..

(uuencode /rep/p31100/users/repP3ap/rabindra/TransfersReport/CancelPending/$filename1  /rep/p31100/users/repP3ap/rabindra/Tran
sfersReport/CancelPending/$filename1 ; cat $cspath/pendingbody.txt)| mailx -m -s "Cancelled and Pending status Report"  "${CLI
ST%,}"

uuencode does not have a path for example, nor mailx etc.. You need to provide the PATH somehow.. Do a search or read the FAQ

can you please clear me more to avoid this issue

---------- Post updated at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:42 AM ----------

Hi Friend,
can you please help on this.

Thanks,
Jewel

Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly.

What Scrutinizer meant is to use absolute path for utilities uuencode and mailx

Get absolute path using which command:

which uuencode
which mailx

Replace absolute path in your script.

If this does not help, set xtrace and verbose and redirect script output to another file to debug what is going on:

* * * * * /path/script.sh > /path/debug.log

Thanks Yedi

but you meant to say.should i use like this in my script

(/usr/bin/uuencode 04-04-2013.csv.gz 04-04-2013.csv.gz )| mailx -m -s �Cancelled/Pending report� jewel@xyz.com

correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
Jewel

now my script is working fine.

Really thanks to all my friend for sharing message.

1 Like