Issue while installing a Application on AIX

All,

I am trying to install a application called Microstrategy on AIX 5.1 box.This is the first time I am working on AIX.The installation fails after some 10% complete.Given below is the text from the installation log file.Do any one of you have any idea what might be the problem?

(Jan 19, 2006 8:40:13 AM), Setup.product.install, com.microstrategy.install.custombeans.BehaviorFileUpdate, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file /opt/MSTR752/install.log for details.
(Jan 19, 2006 8:40:13 AM), Setup.product.install, com.microstrategy.install.custombeans.BehaviorFileUpdate, err, java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/MSTR752/lib/libMAInst.a.7.5.223.058: load ENOEXEC on shared library(s) /usr/lib/libc.a
STACK_TRACE: 20
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/MSTR752/lib/libMAInst.a.7.5.223.058: load ENOEXEC on shared library(s) /usr/lib/libc.a

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please post the output of

ls -l /usr/lib/libc.a

Cheers
ZB

What do you find in /opt/MSTR752/install.log?
Do you have a /usr/lib/libc.a?
Does java actually work aside from the installation?

mr01l03e:pgowda /u/pgowda ==> ls -l /usr/lib/libc.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 19 Jul 09 2003 /usr/lib/libc.a -> /usr
/ccs/lib/libc.a

What do you find in /opt/MSTR752/install.log?

(Jan 19, 2006 8:40:13 AM), Setup.product.install, com.microstrategy.install.custombeans.BehaviorFileUpdate, err, java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/MSTR752/lib/libMAInst.a.7.5.223.058: load ENOEXEC on shared library(s) /usr/lib/libc.a
STACK_TRACE: 20
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/MSTR752/lib/libMAInst.a.7.5.223.058: load ENOEXEC on shared library(s) /usr/lib/libc.a

Do you have a /usr/lib/libc.a?

mr01l03e:pgowda /u/pgowda ==> ls -l /usr/lib/libc.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 19 Jul 09 2003 /usr/lib/libc.a -> /usr
/ccs/lib/libc.a

Does java actually work aside from the installation?

I believe it is working because there already one version of the application I trying to install that is working fine.

Okay - please do the same for the file linked to by the symlink, i.e.

ls -l /usr/ccs/lib/libc.a

If it's not chmod 755, make it so, and let us know.

Cheers
ZB

apu78, please review our rules. Cross posting is not permitted. I have merged the threads.

ZB

mr01l03e:pgowda /u/pgowda ==> ls -l /usr/ccs/lib/libc.a
-r-xr-xr-x 2 bin bin 6851850 Sep 16 07:26 /usr/ccs/lib/libc.a

I have requested AIX admin to do Chmod 755 on this.

I apolize for Cross Posting.

ZB,

The AIX admin says that he is not going to grant write access to a system library. It is set the way the OS installs it and he will not touch it.

Do I need write acess or need read and Execute acess? Right now the acess for this file is -r-xr-xr-x

Thanks.