Issue when executing shc command

Hi All,

I am trying to create an executable using shc. I have a script which is creating 10 executables. The executables being created have the below issue.

The message "Please contact your provider" is displayed even though I am not using the �-e� option.

This message is coming for some executables being created, i.e. out of 10 executables which are created, say 4-5 executables have this issue. And when the next time I am creating the executables again, again the same issue exists but it may be for some other executable.

Command to create executable:
shc -r -f < executable_name>
Ex:
1) Executable1
2) Executable2
3) Executable3
4) Executable4
5) Executable5
6) Executable6
7) Executable7
8) Executable8
9) Executable9
10) Executable10
When I run the executable I get the message
� Executable1: has expired!
Please contact your provider�
Next time I create the executable, same issue may or not be present for Executable1 but is present for some other executable.

Even if I specify the �-e� clause I still face the same issue.
shc -r -e 10/01/2020 -f <executable_name>
Please suggest how to solver this issue.

Thanks

We do not have a crystal ball, we cannot see your computer from here, please post your code.

Just run following and test whether shc is creating executables

$ shc -v -r -T -f your_shell_script
1 Like

@Corona688: I have already written that part where the executable is created. Which code are you referring to now?
@Akshay Hegde: Let me try this option as well. Will let you know.

The code you are feeding into shc. It is obviously relevant.

1 Like

I was able to solve the issue. The problem was present in the way shc was installed. It was installed by someone else and i re-installed (ie make file) and it worked fine.
Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions