Is there any way to make up arrow show last command in CSh?

Hi, I've been looking for a way to make the up arrow show the last command in csh, like how it does in bash/ksh. I've been googling and just can't find anything.....anybody have any ideas? thanks!

Hi.

I looked quickly through man csh on Solaris 10 and found nothing relating to this, so if you are required to use the real csh (not tcsh), you may be out of luck for this feature. However, tcsh was installed on Solaris 10.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

OK, I've changed my default login shell to tcsh, but it seems that the bindkey builtin is not installed. "bindkey" and "man bindkey" both do nothing, although the same excerpt in your post is also in my tcsh manpage. Strange....Is bindkey a redhat-only feature or something? Also, when I enter "$VERSION" to check the shell version, it says it's an undefined variable. So at this point I don't even know what tcsh version I have. Any ideas?

Hmmm......I think I forgot to log off and log in again after I changed my login shell......hence all the errors. Silly me. So problem solved for now. Thanks!

Hi.

Here's how I usually find the tcsh version; this is from Solaris 10:

$ tcsh -c 'echo "tcsh $tcsh"'
tcsh 6.12.00

Using the usual GNU/Linux idiom:

tcsh --version

produces more information.

These also work on FreeBSD and GNU/Linux.

Were you in tcsh when you tried bindkey? ... cheers, drl

Hi.

OK, good ... cheers, drl