Is possible to see led panel status on AIX?

Simple question: on hmc i can use lsrefcode to see led status
of panel,currently display 01 N V=F T
On aix without hmc,is possible to see actual led status of my workstation?
I don't have hmc currently
Thanks

Assuming that this is a Power5 or above, how do you boot? If this is "by pressing the button" then I wonder if you ever use ASMI. If not, can you tell us how you do, and the model of server.

For ASMI, you point a https browser to an HMC port. You need to set the HMC port IP address first, else it will DHCP poll, which might not be what you want.

You will need to connect with a serial console to the server with it powered off, but power cables in (flashing light on front?) You will need to get the correct cable, but they are available on Ebay etc. if you have the specification. Speed setting is likely to be double the default, i.e 19200 rather than standard 9600.

Press ENTER and you should get a login prompt. Default is admin with the same as the password. I can't remember where to go after this, but it is menu driven.

On the ASMI screen, the account is padmin with password of password I think. It's vaguely like an HMC with what you can do and fairly intuitive.

Does this get you started? I can't get more detail explanation at the moment.

There may also be a command line way from the OS, but I'm not sure.

Robin

1 Like

Thanks.
I know is possible to see real time led status on asmi,i want to know if is possible to see on console(ssh,terminal) with cli command on aix session.

afair on Power4 you can see it with /usr/lib/methods/showled command, but on newer boxes you don't have access from LPAR to operator's panel. On P5 and newer in LPAR mode the command sets the code for LPAR only.

1 Like