Is it possible access software installed on one partition from another

Hello Team

my scenario is like i have 2 partitions on server. /apps and /home and i am trying to install my software in /apps partition.intstallation is successful but when i am trying to open something in that its showing blank screen.

now if i install that software in /home it works fine.

my question is there any permissions/rights issue with this scenario.

Thanks
Lal Gourav

Welcome lalgourav1983

Well, you would need to tell us a bit more before anyone can really help you here:-

• What is the OS and version of the server? - output from uname -a would be fine
  • What capacity are the filesystems? - output from df -k /apps /home would be fine
  • What is the software?
  • How would you expect to start up this software?
  • What dependencies does it have?
  • Are the correct settings made for $PATH, $LIBPATH, $COBPATH etc. or whatever your application needs?
  • What is it supposed to be doing anyway?

You've not given us a lot of clues. Written properly, software could be installed to any filesystem you choose, so you may have to work more with the creator.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

To read data on another partition you need a mount point, which is just a special purpose directory. See man mount .

To do a little investigating, see if the /apps partition is listed in /etc/mtab . You can also use mount -l command to get a similar list. Apparently /home is already mounted and should be listed.