IRC, DCC send and DCC get.

I'm not sure if this is the "appropriate" place to be asking a question like this. So, here goes. I'm having problems with IRC (ircII is my client). DCC sends and DCC gets specifically. It seems like I can only successfully get and send from my local machine. I've played around with UFW (Firewall program), to no avail. And, AFAIK, I do have the proper router settings. Which are forward port 113, and ports 2070 to 2075. Also, I have the same results when the firewall is disabled. I'm not sure what to do from here on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Can you please define what you mean =
when I send from another foreign box (can I assume it has network access and IRC software?)

That is another way of phrasing part of your question. In either phrasing instance, it sounds odd to me.

So we do not have to assume too many things and give you poor answers, please tell us your OS and shell as well.

I have several shell accounts, and have had people on IRC try to DCC send me things, and I send them things. These systems have IRC (be it BitchX, iircII, Irssi, etc) installed. It simply does not work.The only time it does in fact work, is when I send/get locally. Ie, from my own system. From the console, when I invoke IRC on it. Here is the error message that I get on a failed attempt:

Unable to create connection: Bad file descriptor

On the shell accounts, the shell being used is bash. Not sure what my friends are using. And I am using Linux (Debian) as my OS.