IPv4 LSRR Option

Hello Friends,
I have one doubt regarding LSRR (Loose Source and Record Route) IP option.
Whether IPv4 optoins will be processed only by Router or they can be processed by any PC within the network??
What i'm trying is: i'm giving a list of IP address in the option using setsockopt system call, say:

IP-1 => 192.168.0.1
IP-2 => 192.168.0.2
IP-1 => 192.168.0.3
IP-2 => 192.168.0.4 ==> This is the destination PC

All these system are connected in a LAN and are running Windows OS. But the system on which this program is run has Linux.
If I send a datagram using SOCK_DGRAM socket, I'm able to receive the packet only in 192.168.0.1. This PC (192.168.0.1) is not forwarding the IP packet to the next PC in the list i.e., 192.168.0.2.

Can please any one clarify whether ip options can be processed by all the PC or only Routers can process it.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Md. Aamir Ali
Bangalore

Based on your posts you would probably benefit from reading all of Stevens Unix Network programming. This is a seminal and still mostly authoritative work.

For a udp dgram packet to be sent to more than one host on LAN with the same
subnet involved use multicast. Otherwise you could possibly use host routes, or tunneling, and obviously
unicast median destination hosts must be able to forward packets if the end host is based on a host route.

For other options in the IP packet you may want to look at the IP_HDRINCL option and/or RAW sockets.

Example here:
Scout Module API | PlanetLab