IPS custom package user source

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum and got a question which may be quite uncommon. I created a custom IPS package (using this How to) with some software I have to install frequently to different Solaris 11 zones (MongoDB to be precise).

This software will be installed under "/opt/mongodb" and has to be run by a user called "mongo". So I created a manifest like below and as I wanted to install the package the command told me that "mongo" is an unknown user.

As a little background. My zones are using LDAP to authenticate users and function users (like "mongo"). So "mongo" is not present in the "/etc/passwd" file. I don't know why but the "pkg install"-command wants to have the user to be present in "/etc/passwd" and fails because of this LDAP thing.

I'm able to create directories and files and "chown" them to "mongo" but apparently unable to install packages which refer to the user directly.

Manifest (excerpt)

dir  path=opt/mongodb owner=mongo group=mongo mode=0755
dir  path=opt/mongodb/bin owner=mongo group=mongo mode=0755
file opt/mongodb/bin/mongod \     path=opt/mongodb/bin/mongod owner=mongo \     group=mongo mode=0644

Thanks and regards,
Daniel Heitepriem

Just a quick information how I solved this issue:

I created an install script which
1) adds the corresponding user temporarely
2) installs the package from the local IPS
3) deletes the user it created earlier
4) "chowns" the files/directories to the final user (user information are now retrieved via LDAP)
5) uninstalls itself